Did you know that 40% – 50% of churches across America are not incorporated? Should they be? Is there benefits to a church being incorporated? Watch, as Dr. Mike Russell of Churchriskblog.net and The Covenant Center for Church Risk Management, interviews attorney Travis Story of The Story Law Firm to discuss this very important topic for churches today.
- What does incorporating mean?
- What are some misconceptions of churches incorporating?
- Does a church have to be incorporated?
- Are there risks for churches not incorporating?
- Who is financially liable if the church ends up being sued?
- How does the IRS view incorporated churches?
- What costs are involved to incorporate?